Be Cautioned, There Are Cheaters - A Real Life Incident

 

Be Cautioned There Are Cheaters

You might be wondering what the article is about based on the title. Yes, this title is a perfect fit for what I'm writing about today. This article reflects how people in society cheat and betray the innocent. Now I'll get straight to the heart. In our office, there was a small program. As a result, I had some work to do with that program. My office has a corner where we used to read the newspaper. I noticed a man reading a newspaper over there. That was nothing new to me because I was used to seeing someone reading the newspaper. As a result, I didn't give them much attention. Surprisingly, the man appeared on the floor of my office as I was finishing my lunch. When I inquired why he had come, he replied that he had only come to see the office. No one was present at the office at the time.

He returned after a bit and asked, "Do you have Google Pay?" I replied, "No, I'm not a Google Pay user. I don't have it downloaded on my phone." Then I inquired of him, "What went wrong? Why are you seeking Google Pay? ". After that encounter, I'm not sure if I should have asked him about it. "My bike tires got punctured and I need to put on a new one," he answered as soon as I inquired. I don't have enough money to buy it because I'm short by 800 rupees. Can you give me cash? I'll transfer your money using Google Pay." I mentioned that I had a horrible time setting up a Google Pay account, so I didn't use it. I just have the Phonepe app. "I don't have a Phonepe," he replied. I didn't download it because I didn't feel comfortable in having two UPI apps ". He returned to me after a while. "My house is a long way away. There aren't many buses. It will be too late to return home and get the money. At 5.00 p.m., I will return the money. "Please help," he pleaded. "Take my number," he added, and dropped a missed call on my phone, telling me his name and asking me to save his number. I was taken aback and wondered how he was going to return it before 5 p.m. if he didn't have any cash. "I'm going to meet my friend now," he said, "and I'll ask him to send money or borrow money from him." By that time, I was feeling sorry for him and reasoned that if he returned my money by 5 p.m., it wouldn't be an issue. "Are you sure you'll give my money back before 5?" I asked him once again. He promised to call me and repay my money. At that moment, it was 2.30 p.m.I said, "Okay, that's it. Let's go to the atm. I'll pay you money provided you return me by 5 p.m." "At 5 p.m., I will contact you and repay your money," he promised. Then I took him to the ATM, where I withdrew Rs 1,000 and gave him Rs 800. He stated that 850 rupees will be needed. I didn't have 50 rupees, and he said he didn't either, so he asked if I could give him 1000 rupees instead. Because I didn't know what else to say, I paid 900 rupees. "At 5 p.m., I'll call you. Thank you once again, "he responded.

I returned to my desk and resumed my work. There is no news from the individual who stated I would call you at 5 p.m. at 5.00 p.m. I waited 10 minutes before calling him, and he answered right away. "I'm still in the garage," he responded before I asked. I may be a little late. "How long do you think you'll be in the office?" I informed him that I would be at the office until 5.30 p.m. He stated that he will arrive sooner. There is no trace of this individual until 5.30 p.m. That day, I left the office around 5:50 p.m. I contacted him on the way out and asked: "What are your whereabouts? I'm going to leave ". He replied "The garage worker is conversing with his superior. You don't have to worry, I'll leave it to your office personnel and phone you, or else I'll have to go back there tomorrow and return it." By that point, I was certain that he was bluffing. He's not going to give me my money back. I couldn't do anything because I wasn't in a position to. I felt that filing a police complaint about Rs 900 would be silly. Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow. I called him the next morning when I got to the workplace, but the phone was busy. After a while, I called again; this time the phone rang, but the man did not answer. I called a couple of times more, but it was in vain. After two days, I called again but received no response. I never called again after that. I was certain that the 900 rupees would not be returned to me.

This incident taught me a lesson, which is also the title of this article. It's nearly hard to tell who is nice and who is wicked these days. I was completely unaware that he was deceiving me. When this type of situation occurs more frequently, our thoughts are hesitant to assist those who are truly in need, even when they request assistance. I've determined that before I can assist somebody, I should consider twice. Finally, I'd like to emphasize, “Be Cautioned, There Are Cheaters”


Photo by:

Pixabay.com

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment